Dr. Susan Moore, MD, ABFM will join the family at Appleton Area Health Services (AAHS) in the Spring of 2013. She comes to AAHS with over seven years of experience in the healthcare industry; most recently in Hammond, Indiana. Dr. Moore received her bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering from Kettering University, then went onto receive her doctorate of medicine from the University of Michigan Medical School.
Dr. Moore will begin seeing patients of all ages in the Spring of 2013. Her patient philosophy is:
- Understand patient concerns
- Inform patient of limitations
- Develop a plan with patient
- Reinforce her willingness to help patient
- Educate patient about their medical condition
- Discuss the active role in patient’s controlling their medical health
- Utilize preventative medicine policies
Dr. Moore was born in Mandiville, Jamacia and raised in Lansing, Michigan with her two brothers. She and her son, Henry moved to the Appleton community in January of 2013 and has enjoyed acquainting themselves with their new home.
Some of her interests include dancing, theater, literature, cricket, soccer and playing dominos. Meet her in person at the Appleton Area Health Services’ Foundation 1st Annual Community Gala Fundraiser at Shooters on Friday, March 8, 2013. Social hour takes place at 6:00 p.m. with dinner, a live auction and entrainment to follow. Tickets are available at AAHS for $40.