Our 53-bed care center provides 24-hour quality nursing care to residents. The nursing staff includes RNs, LPNs, TMAs and registered nursing assistants. Other services available include dietary, laundry, activities, housekeeping, beauty shop and social services. Also available daily are physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. Geriatric psychological services are available on a regular basis. Our staff strives to meet all the physical, mental, spiritual and psych-social needs of our residents. Our goal is to assist each resident to function at their highest level of wellness and independence.
- Adult Day Services – Adult day services are available in the nursing home with application made through the social worker. Information on payment, hours, and services are available on request.
- Activities – The activity department provides a wide variety of activities that keep the residents active and involved. The golf cart and wagon is one of the favorite summer activities that help residents get out into the community and enjoy the outdoors.
- Social Services- The social services representative is available for assistance with discharge planning, such as making referrals to a home health agency, referrals to Swift County Human Services, setting up Meals Each Day, or acquiring needed equipment for your return home. The social socials representative is available during office hours and also as needed for information or referrals. Upon a patient’s request, the social worker will visit the patient as time allows and try to assist him/her with their needs.
- Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy
- On-site Beauty Shop – Routine hair care by staff; appointments available for additional service needs.
- Spiritual Services – Area worship services are provided to residents on a regular basis; provided by local churches.
- Restorative Care Programs – Mobility, activities of daily living.
- Direct Access to Physician and Hospital Services – Attached to the AAHS clinic and hospital; regular communication between all areas of facility.
- Respite Bed Care- Respite care refers to short-term care paid for by private individuals in the hospital setting provided to those persons who are cared for primarily in their own home, or are awaiting nursing home placement. Services range from board and care to skilled nursing care.
- Hospice Services – Hospice provides care to both patients and families when a family member has been medically diagnosed with a terminal progressive disease. It neither hastens nor postpones death, but affirms life and regards dying as a normal process. Hospice is available at Appleton Area Health Services through Rice Hospice, Willmar, Minnesota. Services are available through AAHS by calling 320-289-2422.
- Dietary Services - Available for all residents.
- Dental Services – Direct access to Appleton Dental Care, Dr. Kevin Skjei.
- Admissions & Rates – Dawn Broesder at 320.289.2400 ext. 8502 or email@example.com.
- Advance Directives – Dawn Broesder at 320.289.2400 ext. 8502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Billing – Betty Boese at 320.289.2400 ext. 8518 or email@example.com.
- Compare AAHS’s Care Center to other facilities
- View Care Center FAQs
What People are Saying About our Care Center
“The employees at Appleton Area Health Services (AAHS) are very knowledgeable and informative. They always know where my mother is, what she is doing and provide updates as needed each time I visit or telephone. I am glad AAHS offers visits from a geriatric psychiatrist as I feel she has helped very much with my mom’s well-being. My mother has been treated with the upmost kindness and respect thanks to the friendly and approachable employees at AAHS. The Appleton Area Health Services’ Care Center is a very valuable part of the Appleton area community.” – Dawn Radtke, Family Member of Care Center Resident